Reply to this post:
Help Wanted: Produce Team Member
To Apply Go To http://oneotacoop.com/contact-us/employment/
Are you a veggie lover? Kind of meticulous? Do you walk into a room and straighten pictures on the wall? Are you a visual person? Do you love working with produce fresh from the field? Would you like to work with food that is good for you and good for the planet? Are you a host or hostess with the “mostess” who enjoys making people feel welcome?
If this describes you, we’ve got your next job right here! We want you in our pack!
Oneota Community Food Co-op has the finest Produce Department that you’ll find in the area, and we want you to be a part of the team. We are a vibrant and fun place to work with a family atmosphere and kind customers. We are dedicated to showcasing organic and local produce from within a 100-mile radius of Decorah.
The job involves:
- Creating beautiful displays
- Maintaining and organizing the back stock cooler
- Receiving large deliveries of produce (You should have a strong back and be okay working in a cooler for stretches of time.)
- Taste testing delicious produce each and every day
- Deep cleaning of the case and displays on a rotating basis
- Being a good team player by asking questions and communicating needs
- Making sure that produce looks its best
- Greet and help customers in produce and other departments
- A really good work ethic
- Having a great sense of humor and knowing all the words to the Pandora radio hits playing on the sound system is helpful.